According to Wikipedia, “it stands to reason that in a place (the World Wide Web) that had more than 250 million websites as of December 2010, with 21.4 million new sites launched in 2010 alone, that a website would have to either specialize in specific niche audience, have original content that stood out from its peers, or present common information in a new way, thereby making it stand out among its peers”.
From the above it is clear that upon generating content or copy, not only do you have to determine the wants and needs of your target audience, but also in what manner you can meet those wants and needs with your website content that makes YOUR website special and stand out from your competitors. In order to stand out from your competitors it is important to generate content of an authentic and high quality nature. Generating a high quality content which is aimed at enticing and engaging visitors will most probably lead to higher revenues for online businesses.
Website owners and managers must therefore ensure that they actually generate or produce content that uses keywords which “hook” a potential client or is focused on search engine optimization (SEO) for those potential clients that need to obtain specific products or services and searches the web to find the relevant keywords and/ or phrases that will lead them to YOUR website.
Website content writing aims for relevance and search-ability. Relevance means that the website text should be useful and beneficial to readers. Search-ability indicates usage of keywords to help search engines direct users to websites that meet their search criteria.
Stats that prove the value and power of content:
- According to the Content Marketing Institute (CMI), the following statistics prove why content is extremely important to online businesses:
- 80% of business decision makers prefer to get company information in a series of articles versus an advertisement.
- 90% of consumers find custom content useful, and
- 78% believe that organizations providing custom content are interested in building good relationships with them.
- Per dollar/Euro/Pound/Rand, content marketing produces three times more leads than non-content marketing.
- 60% of consumers feel more positive about a company after reading custom content on its site.
Please share your views on website content in the comment box below or contact us here if you need assistance with proper content for your website.